Archive for August 2013
If you have #mcpe 0.7.4, you can add servers following this Tutorial https://t.co/Fa6wcdJJsU
— PocketMine (@PocketMine) August 31, 2013
Ever since Mojang took down Pocket-Mine, their servers are still available, so here's a tutorial on how to add servers (Like LBSG) on 0.7.4
[NOTE]: The website is currently down and it will be back online again in a few hours.
So 0.7.4 has passed through Amazon review way faster then we anticipated. Appstore/Google Play will be released on Monday. :)
— Johan Bernhardsson (@jbernhardsson) August 31, 2013
Johan Bernhardsson stated that the 0.7.4 update might be released on Monday.
- The update is now available for Android and Amazon users
A while ago on Twitter, the Pocket-Mine team tweeted that they'll be shutting down Pocket-Mine for good until Mojang lets them be online again. But Johan still allowed them to join servers by external IP on 0.7.4. You can still play on some LBSG servers by putting their external IP
Update: the Pocket-Mine team has now released a compatible version for 0.7.4
Follow the Pocket-Mine staff on Twitter
Johan Bernhardsson's Twitter
0.7.4 is out!!! But only for amazon devices.....lol and as you can see Mojang AB is already working on the 0.8.0 update and they are having problems at the moment haha. Hopefully they finish it quick :D People have been waiting a long time for the 0.8.0 update because it is said to contain some redstone and/or infinite worlds....which are also rumored to be in 0.9.0
We're looking forward to the release of the trailer for the first Mash-up Pack this Sunday! Thanks @hat_films :) #MinecraftXBLAHey guys 4jang tweeted that the first mash up pack trailer will be released this week.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) August 30, 2013
Those who are wondering a Mash-up pack makes Minecraft look like another game, so basically Textures + Skin Pack + User inference + Music + also Themed world .
I'm helping out Spartan on the blog while he is busy.
A little background about myself: I work on both Minecraft PE Forums and MCPE YouTubers Forums as a staff member, I am an avid contributor to Minecraft Wiki. I do some coding and web design work around a few test projects of mine and other sites. I don't have YouTube or Twitter for my you to look at (just personal use) but I go by Falkirks and Falkirknh so if you see anyone with that username it probably is me :p
In the real world I am hugely obsessed with Shakespeare and have read a lot of his plays (I tried to count but it was no use). I act in a variety of theatre with my school and other stuff. Other than that I love camping, reading and of course MINECRAFT :D
I'm also a world class troll :p
So, if anyone wants to see something new on the blog just comment below and I will try to set it up for you!
So i was browsing through my twitter feed and someone that i was following posted this concept picture of a enderman is MCPE, this picture is blury so there's nothing i can do about that and it looks like the concept was for made in version 0.4.0
So finally we get some Minecraft news on the Playstation, so it is official that it will be called Minecraft Playstation Edition and there is a concept picture of what it will look like on the playstation (very similar to Xbox)
If you want more info follow @MCPSNews on twitter
It came with a lot of new cool stuff such as
- Iron Golem
- Baby Villager
- Redstone Lamp
- Jungle Wood Stairs
- Jungle Wood Half Slab
- Jungle Wood Block
- Jungle Wood Planks
- Jungle Tree Sapling
- Ocelot Spawn Egg
- (Creative Mode only) Chiseled Stone Brick
- (Creative Mode only) Mob Heads (Skeleton, Wither Skeleton, Zombie, Human and Creeper)
I thought it was time I gave you an update on the world generator changes we’ve been working on. The last time we did any major changes to the generator was back in March 2012, when the jungle biome was added.
In case you don’t know what a “biome” is, it’s a climate zone used in the game to set what kind of surface the ground has (sand? grass?), whether it should rain or snow, what trees grow there, and sometimes also what kind of animals that are allowed to spawn there. The biome is also used to determine how hilly it should be, although this is a technical solution because biomes are generated before the elevation (the old generator created the elevation first, and decided on biomes based on elevation).
One reason why we rarely do changes to the world generator is because every little change off-sets the world seed and causes noticeable borders between new and old terrain. A lot of people don’t mind about these borders, but we still want to avoid creating them. So, in order to avoid needing to change the world generator again in the nearest future, we try to do as many changes now as possible.
There have been three main problems we have wanted to address:
-Too large oceans
-Too uneven/random biome placement
-Not enough variation
-The solution to these problems have been,
-Tweaks to add more islands and checks to avoid huge oceans
-Biomes have been put into four main categories: snow-covered, cold, medium, and dry/warm. -Biomes will avoid getting placed next to a biome that is too different to itself (sometimes this still happens, but it’s very rare now and not all over the place)
-We’ve added a whole bunch of new biomes…
… and most biomes have uncommon/rare variations that you may run into
-We’ve also added a bunch of new terrain features, such as new flowers and trees
We’re not done yet, but here’s something to give you an idea of what has happened
Mojang Blog post
From this day forth, he'll be handling PE and PC updates (same as me), and also do spotlights for mods, tutorials, texture packs, skins, etc.
Also, i'll be adding another author to handle updates for the consoles (PS4, PS3, PSVita, Xbox 360, and Xbox One)
Click here to see the thread about registering to be a second author.
6. Whole new design
Source: Minecraft Wiki
1. Armour and health indicators obstruct sign entry dialogue
2. Hitting the back button while in the chest/furnace GUI sends you back to the title screen
3. Moon visible beneath you when at high altitudes
4. Chest animation delay/chest in hand & drop displays as a 2D sprite/chest
5. Cake floats when block it's on is broken
6. Chests randomly shaking
7. Uncraftable quartz related blocks
8. After eating 1 food item, player will proceed to break blocks with food, rather than continue eating
9. Death in creative results in creative inventory being bumped down
10. No moon phases
11. Wooden slab recipe yields only 1 slab
12. Chest lighting glitch, appear very dark
13. Can't type capital W in world name or seed dialogue
14. Crafting table incorrectly counting items in inventory
15. Splash text only changing when restarting app, should change each time you re-enter the menu
16. Crafting table menu doesn't include damaged tools in its tally
17. Top half of door can replace a non-air block
18. You can still live in the void
19. Lava buckets cannot be used as fuel in a furnace
20. When dumping a water bucket, empty bucket goes into inventory... should stay in hotbar
21. Filled buckets are stackable (Since 0.7.1)
22. Collecting milk with a stack of buckets, gives a stack
23. Empty buckets can destroy water blocks (Survival and Creative)
24. Buckets disappear when filled up with water
25. When stacking signs on top of each other, and destroying the bottom one, only one drops as an item. same when placed on wall and block is broken.
26. Buckets not named correctly.
27. Sign letters are erased when you write numbers or exclamation marks
28. Player can eat extra food when moving. extra food goes into an "invisible bank" for hearts.
29. Not hearing chest sounds in LAN
30. When you eat cake, but not all, and reenter this world, cake will be full like just placed.
31. Buckets disappear while picking up water with full inventory
32. Can't place trapdoor on wooden slab
33. Wooden doors open on world load
34. Tool breaking sounds
1. Powered rails will be always on until redstone is implemented to a greater extent.
2. It is also implied that redstone will be mineable as of 0.8.0.
3. Infinite Worlds
4. Minecarts, and Rails
1. Redstone - that is not to say that redstone will be added with 0.9.1, but that it won't be a priority until after 0.9.0 is released, and it's subsequent bug fixes and all that
2. New Biomes
-Features with no indicated schedule- (Possibly on v1.0.0 [beta])
1. Smarter/harder hostile mobs
3. Better lighting
4. More difficulty setting
5. Flint & steel in creative mode - being considered
6. Camera improvements
7. Nether reactor update, will turn the nether reactor output into some kind of super dungeon - PC like nether not on the radar at the moment
1. On August 17 Johan Said : We will see how quickly we want 0.7.4 to get out to fix a few bugs, we might submit on Friday and then it's a bit tricky. But new cool stuff is in the works.
2. On August 18 Johan Said : we are considering to add flint and steel in creative to 0.7.4
~Other updates (0.8.0 - 0.9.0)
1. On August 17 Johan Said : New biomes and stuff is planned for the 0.9.0 version
2. On August 17 Johan Said : Infinite worlds are currently planned for 0.9.0. We wont simply make worlds infinite, we will also add some stuff but thats in the works.
3. On August 17 Johan Said : We will probably add more difficulty modes.
4. On August 17 Johan Said : Rails in 0.8.0, redstone after 0.9.0, the powered rails will always be powered. You will be able to mine redstone and use it for making powered rails, but it will only be used for making items, you wont be able to place it.
5. On August 17 Johan Said : We hope to add caves in 0.9.0, we will see about dungeons, mine shafts, and villages
+ Creative inventory glitches out after respawning, all items bumped down quite a bit by empty slots - scroll down to find items
+ If you press back when checking a chest, it takes you to the title screen.
+ A double chest on multiplayer is seen as 2 separate chest from the people joining.
+ Poor grammar on splash text ie. Let Our Battle's Begin
+ Xperia Play creative inventory, the spawn egg of the sheep is hidden because you can't scroll the GUI.
+ Leaving a bed on a survival realm will cause the game to derp out.
+ Circle when breaking block is way too big. http://imgur.com/YettMeg
+ When you go underwater, the item in your hand almost disappears.
+ It takes 3 wood blocks to craft 1 wood plank.
+ Some phones cannot host worlds using local WiFi
+ Phantom chests - appeared randomly, cannot be used or broken, can walk through it and blocks can be placed in it's spot
+ Reset Realm feature not working... it just hangs there, seemingly working on it, waited 30 minutes, nothing.
+ User placed Leaves despawn
+ Whitelist doesn't recognize anyone's names
That's some of the bugs that were reported in 0.7.3. Expect all of these to be fixed on the 0.7.4 update.
After this, i will start off featuring some awesome texture packs and mods!
I present another website, it's called the Minecraft Pocket Edition Wiki!
This website covers anything you need to know more about Minecraft - Pocket Edition.
That's all what i can say for now, because i'm still new there.
Check out the amazing Minecraft PE Wikia here
My profile on the PE Wiki
All the LBSG servers have been updated to v4.0, which contains the following features
No more breaking/placing blocks.
Players spawn in pods before the game starts.
Spawn box removed.
New, checkered deathmatch arena added.
New dynamic MOTD.
Players are not asked to choose thier class except in the MOTD.
If a player does not choose thier class before the game starts, they are assigned a random free class.
Added placement message (e.g: "You have died. You placed 7th out of 24 players.")
New maps (Breeze Island 4, Fortress Pyke, Insanity Cause, Moonlight Lake, SnowBound, Solar Frost, Terewan SG1, and Terewan SG2)
Added better plugin update system.
Added infintite scalability system.
Added proxy connection (one server instead of 68).
Added PocketMine-auto updater.
Better server security.
Added weekly map rotation (automatic).
Improved leaderboard site.
Fixed /getpos and ending coords announcement.
Added /authenticate for moderator login.
Shortened invincibility period to 30 seconds.
Tutorial for Pocket-Mine and how to join Pocket-Mine servers will be posted later.
- Added Sun, Moon, and stars
- Double chest
- Quartz slabs
- Cooler title screen
- Many Realms improvements
- Bug Fixes
Hope you like the new update! The 0.7.3 glitches/bugs will be announced later.
Well, that was quicker than expected. But Johan announced that 0.7.3 has been released by Apple and Google, but it will be available to your mobile devices in a few hours. The Changelog and bugs will be announced in this blog later
Johan Bernhardsson's Twitter
Johan stated that 0.7.3 will now be only compatible with iOS 5.0 and up
But as for Android, MinecraftPE is still compatible with Android 2.2.3 and up.
Johan Bernhardsson's Twitter
Here are the features:
-Ability to reset your realms
-Splash text on Menu Screen
-Sun, Moon, sunset, and stars
-Chests now have an open/close animation and sound
-Small changes on login/sessions
-Spider's eyes now glow in the dark
-Zombie and Skeleton visually burn in the morning
-Realms connection is now easier
-Dropped support for iOS 4.3 in favor of 5.0
-Many realms fixes
-Fix Login Problem
-MCPE-3988 - Furnace crash bug *SEVERE*
-MCPE-3989 - Inventory bug (throwing items in hand while in a gui)
-MCPE-4122 - Glowing Obsidian can yield resources with an Iron pickaxe, but obsidian can only be mined with a Diamond one
MCPE-4546 - Capital "W" can't be typed when creating world
Tommaso Checchi's Twitter
Johan Bernhardsson's Twitter